Fireplaces, Stoves & Chimneys
At McNamara Services we believe that you should know all your heating options available before investing in a system for your home, and fireplaces are one of those options. Our experts can install both wood, gas & electric fireplaces & stoves, which come in a variety of designs to best suit your home.
Wood, Gas & Electric Fireplaces
Wood fireplaces are the answer for those seeking the genuine ambience and warmth that can only be provided by gently burning wood. Wood fireplaces have character that can't be beat by gas fireplaces.
Gas fireplaces, are extremely easy to use and safely add the warm glow of a fire to your home anytime. We offer a wide variety of styles for the log designs in order to make your fireplace look exactly how you want it. Gas fireplaces, require far less maintenance than wood burning fireplaces, but should still be properly maintained and serviced annually by a professional.
What are the advantages of an electric fireplace? Here are some advantages you can have when you opt for an electric fireplace:
1) You don't have to keep firewood on hand. …
2) They are safe. ...
3) Low cost compared with traditional and custom fireplaces. ...
4) Use your electric fireplace for supplemental heating. ...
5) Space efficiency – electric fireplaces fit just about any space.
At McNamara Services, we offer a wide range of wood-burning, gas and electric stoves to satisfy every personal taste and home-living space. Our showroom carries many brands, including Jotul, Lopi Blaze King and more. We can install, upgrade or service just about any stove.
Schedule a showroom consultation with one of our qualified specialists by filling out the form below or calling 845-735-8844 and start your journey towards your dream project today!
Fireplace maintenance is vital for the performance and safety of your system. Servicing your gas, wood or pellet system is not only required by manufacturer’s specifications but is important to ensure proper operation year after year. A properly maintained system reduces the risk of failure, fire and odor.
Annual service ensures the brightest, clearest, cleanest and most optimal operation of your fireplace or stove when you need it most. It also ensures optimal performance and improved efficiency. This, of course, results in long term savings for you. It also reduces wear and tear on the fireplace or stove system which helps limit repairs needed over the lifespan of your fireplace or stove.
Schedule a showroom consultation with one of our qualified specialists by filling out the form below or calling 845-735-8844 and start your journey towards your dream project now.
Fireplace Maintenance Includes:
- Clean glass
- Clean logs and confirm positioning
- Replace ember material as needed
- Clean burner and burn area
- Adjust burner settings as needed
- Adjust and clean pilot
- Check pilot flame for proper characteristics
- Adjust and clean Igniter
- Adjust thermocouple and thermopile alignment
- Check for proper gas pressures
- Check electrical connections where accessible
- Verify accessory operations such as remote etc.
- Replace batteries where applicable (customer supplied, or separate fee for additional batteries)
- Test for gas leaks
- Test for carbon monoxide leaks
Regular chimney maintenance yields multiple benefits, including increased efficiency as well as the prevention of fire, corrosion, and smoke. Scheduling a chimney sweep will help: Prevent a chimney fire. Prevent corrosion of the chimney system. Reduce smoke problems. Increase efficiency. Reduce foul odors. Keep your home and family safe!
Our Creosote Chemical Treatment (CCT) is the ultimate solution for 3rd degree, massive creosote build-up in your chimney. This 3-phase process includes: initial brushing of excess creosote build-up, chemical creosote removal application, and a return-trip chimney sweeping.
Cre-away is both a product and a service, designed to eliminate creosote build-up and used as a low-cost quicker-fix solution for homeowners who could use a PCR treatment but want to avoid the costs.
Chimney Sweeping Includes:
- Prepping the work area w/ drop cloths to ensure cleanliness
- Conduct safety Inspection of chimney & liner
- Perform thorough cleaning of chimney walls
- Evaluate chimney for cracks, gaps, defects, creosote build-up and deterioration
- Conduct a level-2 camera scope inspection of joints and tiles
- Show the results of the camera inspection while it’s being conducted to the homeowner to communicate what we are seeing and to verify the condition of the chimney
- Offer solutions based on our diagnostic inspection, with the goal of keeping your home and family free of fire, contaminants and odors.
Schedule a fireplace or chimney service today by calling 845-735-8844.